July 21, 2016
This week Marc, Lauren and Yadin tackle the big tech related news of the week.
July 15, 2016
This week Marc, Yadin and Nigel tackle everything from Kubernetes 1.3, through Azure Stack, all the way up to epoch creating technologies like Facebook Live Streaming and killer robots.
July 7, 2016
This Marc, Lauren, Rick, and Yadin cover the previous week's tech news. Topics include:
@06:30 Blackberry stops selling Classic model smartphones
@09:00 NASA puts Juno satellite in orbit of Jupiter
@11:00 Fatal accident involving Tesla Model S in self drive mode
@15:00 Rocket Fiber offers whopping 10G fiber to selected area of Michigan - is the market ready for extremembandwidth competition
@19:00 NRDC apparently made up a bunch of numbers about data center engergy consumption
@21:40 Nutanix to acquire PernixData
@22:45 Cisco to acquire CloudLock
@24:40 Ed Walsh heading back to IBM to head up storage business
@26:00 The long and slow goodbye to Yahoo is under way
@28:30 Actifio decides not to IPO
@31:00 Micron announces disappointing numbers and makes round of layoffs
@33:00 China bans the use of social media in the news
July 4, 2016
This week's episode is dominated by Brexit and the impact it might have on the tech world.
@Start: General thoughts on Brexit and the EU
@~16:30 Gartner predicts drop in global IT spend
@~17:40 Brexit impacts on the Eropean tech startup scene
@~23:00 Brexit impact on global data protection laws
@~32:50 Online petition for another Brexit vote
@~37:00 Brexit impact on data roaming
@~39:20 Brexit Impact on Cloud businesses in the UK
@~41:00 Microsoft launches .NET goodness at RedHat event! (non-Brexit news!!!!)
June 22, 2016
This Marc hosts the show along with Rick and Yadin. On the card for this episode:
- Nutanix .NEXT
- A bit of Docker and DockerCon
- China builds world's fastest supercomputer
- Oracle's numbers
- Dell sells software business
- City mayors struggling with Uber...
- Tough acquisition prospects for startups
- Twitter investing in SoundCloud
June 22, 2016
Nigel, Amy Lewis, and Julian Wood discuss the news and hot topics from the final day of DockerCon 2016 in Seattle. And it's all about large enterprises!
June 21, 2016
Nigel is joined by Amy Lewis, Chris Evans and Julian Wood to review Day 1 of DockerCon 2016 in Seattle.
- Thoughts on DockerCon as an event
- Docker For Mac and Docker for Windows
- Native clustering a.k.a. Swarm Mode
- Docker for AWS and Docker for Azure
- The container ecosystem
June 16, 2016
Lauren, Gabriel and Marc discuss the tech news of the week, including:
- Marc does a quick review of HPE Discover
- Are Apple about to become an energy company
- Cisco announces Tetration - analytics for the data center
- Microsoft buys LinkedIn
- Symantec buys Blue Coat and hands over keys to new CEO
- VMware acquires Arkin Net to beef up NSX
- Cisco invests in Israeli storage startup
June 14, 2016
This week Yadin Porter de Leon joins the team as a new co-host. He's gonna be joining the team every week going forward.
On the card for this weeks episode:
- Oracle Cloud woes
- Has Microsoft got the magic back
- Legends walk out on Cisco
- NetApp does all flash
June 7, 2016
This week Marc, Gabriel and Nigel talk all things from 50+ year old IBM systems still running US nukes, to AWS ingesting data from luggage-case-sized storage boxes. Plus..... the last ever SECRET WINDOWS PHONE APP!!