Our badass logo
October 10, 2014
Here's a fairly high-def copy of our podcast logo (Thanks to Peter Maurice-Jones)
So the basic idea behind the logo is a rip-off of the Great Seal of the United States, but with a technology angle. So we've got -
- Wi-Fi above the eagle's head
- ./ representing "current directory" in Unix
- The eagle eating the Apple logo
- The eagles right wing representing "cloud services"
- The eagles left wing being a mobile signal strength bar
- A firewall on the eagles breastplate
- An Android mobile device in the eagles right talon
- A cat5/6/7/8 and an FC cable in the eagles left talon
- A tiered storage model as the eagles tail
- Oh and an Apple wearable device on the eagles left leg
- And a bit of a stretch with this one.... but the overlapping feathers on the eagles legs could be said to represent magnetic hard drives that use shingled recording techniques
We did have other ideas too, but some of them didn't look so great. Overall though, we think it's pretty damn amazing!
Some older design sketches -
The original pencil drawing.
The master pencil drawing with color that the final image was based on (plus some changes)