June 5, 2015
Big news on this weeks show..... Hans leaves the building!
It's true.... Hans has decided to take up a new challenge with Belgian startup D Square and won't have time to keep track of the markets we cover on the weekly show. It's a sad day, but we thank Hans for his massive contributions and dedication to the podcast, and wish him the very best for the future. We're not convinced the IT infrastructure industry has heard the last from him!
- Avago acquires puts its hand in it's pocket and acquires Broadcom for a paltry $37BN ($17BN in cash!!!!!)
- IBM acquires OpenStack as-a-service company Blue Box Inc.
- Cisco pick up Piston Cloud to bolster it OpenStack play
- Cisco re-shuffles the deck with several senior execs leaving the company
- NetApp CEO (former) Tom Georgens leaves the building
Apparently Rickatron guest blogs for addictedtocostco.com 'nuf said!