October 23, 2014
What an episode we've got this week! We're not sure its possible to cram more enterprise tech into an hour of podcasting!?
- IBM goes absolutely fab-u-less by selling off its Power fabrication business. Can we even call it a sale when IBM has to grease the buyers palm to the tune of $1.5BN!
- The EMC Federation goes from strength to strength, while Cisco quietly walks out of the VCE Family home
- What's the value of Cisco UCS vs white-box servers
- VCE Vblock vs Nutanix SimpliVity Maxta....
- Do the big players need to think about buying SimpliVity or Nutanix
- Does EMC have a play in the hyperconverged market - could they take EVO:RAIL and package it up?
- Is lock-in ever worth it?
- Microsoft partners with Dell to launch Azure private-cloud-in-a-box (Cloud Platform System)
- What's going on with StorSimple since the MS acquisition
- Are HP starving LeftHand (StoreVirtual)
- Hans can't believe that XtremoIO is doing $500M
Plus another hilarious Secret Windows Phone App!