May 28, 2015
May 21, 2015
Yes, this piece of Consumer Tech made it in the show
This Week's Tech News
- SimpliVity announces KVM + OpenStack support
- Zerto loses patent infringement lawsuit with EMC +$500k fine.
- EMC adds rebates for partners that kick out all their competitors
This Week's Biz News
- Cisco buying into the HyperConverged space rumours
- NetApp drops the hammer on their staff
- Drobo spun off from Connected Data
- Coho anounces $30mln C-round
- Exablox adds Toshiba as a C-Round investor. +$7mln for a total of $23mln in this round and an all time total of $45.5mln.
May 7, 2015
- events: EMC World & Microsoft Ignite (Rick)
- last week was Microsoft Build, next week IBM Edge US
- next week also first 'Data Field Day'
This week's Tech News
- Openstack Kilo released
- EMC World
- VxBLOCK (2 flavors: ScaleIO / EVO:RACK)
- non-destructive upgrades for XtremIO in v4.0
- opensourcing ViPR (and more to come)
- vVNX & ScaleIO now FREE ?
- DSSD tech preview
- Microsoft removes Patch Tuesday
- Mesosphere Datacenter Operating System (DCOS) runs on Azure now
- Atlantis announces HyperConverged platform 'dirt-cheap'
- HP Whitebox servers now officially called Apollo series
This week's Bizz News
- Cisco hires new CEO from within (Chuck Robbins)